Architect - Construction Admin
Haynes + Oakley is a medium sized firm that has been successfully and exclusively involved with Healthcare planning and design in Southern California for over 45 years. We provide a full range of services from traditional Architectural design and construction administration services to master planning, programming, feasibility studies, facilities surveys and interior design. Projects have included every department of a medical campus including inpatient, outpatient and ancillary facilities, as well as support facilities such as central plants and parking structures.
Our success can be attributed to our commitment to provide exceptional service to our clients, resulting in over 90% of projects coming from repeat clients.
We are seeking a qualified architect to lead the Construction Administration duties of the architect, on Healthcare projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities generally include:
- Manage Construction Administration process, including shop drawing review, response to RFIs, preparation of Change Order documents and Post Approvals.
- Perform periodic field Observation of Construction and attend Owner/Architect/Contractor Construction Meetings and meet with Agency (OSHPD) officials.
- Coordinate distribution of information and documents with the owner, contractor, consulting engineers and Owner’s inspector of record.
- Coordinate processing of Agency (OSHPD) required post approval documents including Change Orders, Verified Reports, Deferred Approvals, RFI logs and closeout documentation.
- Travel (driving or flying) to and from Job Sites in California.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 10 years of OSHPD healthcare project experience.
- Familiarity with applicable building codes and OSHPD policies and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with client’s representatives, consultants, contractors and governmental agency personnel.
- Proactive, positive attitude in the performance of duties and resolution of issues.
- Architectural degree and California Architectural license.
- Familiarity with Revit Architecture is desirable
- Graphic skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Bluebeam.