Project Manager / Architect
Haynes + Oakley is a medium sized firm that has been successfully and exclusively involved with Healthcare planning and design in Southern California for over 50 years. We provide a full range of services from traditional Architectural design and construction administration services to master planning, programming, feasibility studies, building upgrade and reuse studies, facilities surveys and interior design. New and renovation projects have included every department of a medical campus including inpatient, outpatient and ancillary facilities, as well as support facilities such as central plants and parking structures.
Our success can be attributed to our commitment to provide exceptional service to our clients, resulting in over 90% of projects coming from repeat clients.
We are seeking a qualified, self-motivated Project Manager/Architect, with a background in Acute Healthcare design, to lead the design and production of Healthcare renovation and expansion projects from proposal preparation, conceptual planning and design through construction administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities generally include:
- Assist in the development of proposal and contracts for projects, including project and services scope, fee budgets and schedules. Monitor adherence to Contract requirements during execution of services.
- Lead project team efforts in the development of projects. These include planning and design involvement, interaction with Clients, Consultants, Government Agencies and Contractors.
- Coordinate with internal design and production resources and Consultants, for the delivery of complete Architectural services that satisfy the design program, meet code requirements and are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Provide Construction Administration support that may include, job site observation, shop drawing review, response to RFIs, preparation of Change Order documents and Post Approvals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients.
Required Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven collaborative team building skills
- Work plan (budget, tasks, schedule) management skills
- Excellent organization, communication (written and verbal) and coordination
- 5-10 years of California OSHPD healthcare project experience including familiarity with CBC and other applicable building codes.
- Experience in REVIT Architecture is desirable
- Architectural degree and California Architectural license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Bluebeam.