Job Captain / Assistant Project Manager
Haynes + Oakley is a medium sized firm that has been successfully and exclusively involved with Healthcare planning and design in Southern California for over 50 years. We provide a full range of services from traditional Architectural design and construction administration services to master planning, programming, feasibility studies, building upgrade and reuse studies, facilities surveys and interior design. New and renovation projects have included every department of a medical campus including inpatient, outpatient and ancillary facilities, as well as support facilities such as central plants and parking structures.
Our success can be attributed to our commitment to provide exceptional service to our clients, resulting in over 90% of projects coming from repeat clients.
We are seeking a qualified, self-motivated Project Manager/Architect, with a background in Acute Healthcare design, to lead the design and production of Healthcare renovation and expansion projects from proposal preparation, conceptual planning and design through construction administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities generally include:
- Assist Senior personnel during the design phases. Produce schematic and design development documents.
- Attend design meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Survey and produce as-built drawings of existing conditions.
- Coordinate information and documents with the client, consulting engineers and contractors.
- Develop Construction Documents.
- Prepare submittals to Government Agencies, address corrections and prepare responses to review comments.
- Assist in preparation of OSHPD post approval and closeout documentation, including Change Orders, deferred approvals and closeout documents.
- Assist with Construction Administration including shop drawing review, response to RFIs, preparation of Change Order documents.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of OSHPD healthcare project experience.
- Proficiency in Revit Architecture
- Familiarity with and ability to research CBC and other applicable building codes.
- General familiarity with Type I construction detailing.
- Architectural degree desirable.
- Graphic skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Bluebeam.